What’s smart to address before your visit: financial matters checklist, pre-authorizations and preapprovals, medical records and other items to consider.
Patient & Financial Checklist
Prepare for your visit by working through the following checklist:
- Make sure your insurance is contracted with Olive Multi-specialist Hospitals. Olive Multi-specialist Hospitals contract lists and contact your insurance company.
- Make sure Olive Multi-specialist Hospitals is in-network for your plan. Contact your insurance for your benefit coverage.
- Talk to your doctor. Talk with your doctor if a referral is needed.
- Obtain approval from your insurance. Check with your insurance for coverage and any pre-authorization requirements for care you are seeking.
- Make sure you have the financial means to cover your visit. For example, you may need to pay for unmet deductibles, co-payments, unmet out-of-pocket expenses, self-pay deposits, transportation, meals and lodging.
Your Olive Hospital Number
The first time you make an appointment at Olive, you’ll be assigned an Olive Hospital number.
- Your Olive Hospital number is your personal identification number for all care.
- It is unique, will not change for future visits and will also serve as your billing account number.
To set up your Olive Hospital number, please have this information ready:
- An active email address
- Emergency contact information
- Government-issued photo ID
- Pharmacy card, if applicable
- Insurance card(s) for the new patient or for new coverage
- Name and birth date of the insurance subscriber
- Written authorization from your HMO/PPO if applicable
When Your Information Changes
We ask that you notify registration staff of any demographic or insurance changes prior to services, which you can do using Olive’s contacts page.
Multilingual appointment, registration and finance personnel in International Services are dedicated to meeting the needs of you and your family — before you arrive, during your appointments and after your return home.
International Services staff will arrange appointments, find interpreters, guide you in making travel and lodging arrangements, and answer questions about billing and insurance. They also know about community resources, including shopping, entertainment, banking options and worship services.
Am I an international patient?
International patients are those who are not citizens of the Nigeria, even if they speak English and do not require interpretation. If you are uncertain about whether you qualify as an international patient, please contact us by clicking here.
Requesting an appointment
International patients can request an appointment at any Olive Multi-specialist Hospital locations by clicking here. A representative from one of Olive Multi-specialist Hospital’s international appointment offices will respond to your request within three business days.
In most cases, a physician referral is not necessary to set up an appointment. Many patients schedule their own appointments at Olive Multi-specialist Hospital.
Patients or their physicians also may request an appointment by email, phone
- Lekki Center: Ground floor lobby.